1. Of the following research topics, which is most likely to be an observational study?
|[removed]||The relationship between hours of exercise and sleep.|
|[removed]||The difference in minutes a day exercising between boys and girls.|
|[removed]||The types of exercise students engage in after school.|
|[removed]||Students’ feelings about after-school track practice.|
2. Correlational research allows the researcher to answer questions such as:
|[removed]||what is the relationship between Variable A and Variable B?|
|[removed]||does change in Variable A cause change in Variable B?|
|[removed]||is there a significant difference between scores on Variable A and scores on Variable B?|
|[removed]||does change in Variable B causes change in Variable A?|
3. Which of the following is an example of a good research question for a correlational study?
|[removed]||What are the attitudes of the parents about our districts new homework policy?|
|[removed]||Is there a relationship between student achievement and homework completion?|
|[removed]||Are there differences in parent attitudes about homework between mothers and fathers?|
|[removed]||How much homework does the average fifth grade teacher in our district assign?|
4. Advantages of questionnaires include all of the following EXCEPT:
|[removed]||large numbers of people can be contacted for a relatively low cost.|
|[removed]||data can be gathered from a large number of people in a relatively short period of time.|
|[removed]||participants may feel more confident about their anonymity and therefore respond more honestly.|
|[removed]||because questions are in written form, they are less likely to be misunderstood by respondents.|
5. Regarding the length of questionnaires to be used in survey research, which of the following statements is most accurate?
|[removed]||Including a large number of items on the survey assures that you will get useful data for all of your trouble.|
|[removed]||Keeping the survey short makes it more likely people will be willing to complete it.|
|[removed]||A relatively lengthy survey communicates your seriousness about the research endeavor so people will be more willing to complete it.|
|[removed]||Shorter surveys produce data that are ambiguous and therefore not useful.|
6. Qualitative research often involves what’s known as an iterative process for data collection and analysis. This terminology refers to the fact that, in qualitative research:
|[removed]||researchers focus more on narrative data than on statistics and numbers.|
|[removed]||researchers typically do not begin by stating a hypothesis.|
|[removed]||researchers may collect and analyze data, then collect and analyze some more data.|
|[removed]||researchers first ask open-ended questions and then follow up with probing questions.|
7. In this type of study design, a particular group of individuals is studied in depth over a defined period of time.
8. In this type of study design, the researcher studies the deep meaning an event or situation holds for other people.
9. Carl Compost has been living and working on a communal organic farm for the past six months. He wants to understand the political, environmental, and social perspectives shared by the members of the commune. Dr. Compost is probably employing which of the following qualitative research designs?
10. Daniel Daring is an emerging playwright whose works have begun to stir great passions in the major U.S. cities where they are staged. Researcher Eugenia Edge is “shadowing” Mr. Daring for six months in an attempt to understand the artistic process. Dr. Edge is probably employing which of the following qualitative research designs?
11. Helen Heartwell flew to New York City a few weeks after the September 11, 2001, bombing of the World Trade Center. She wanted to know how the victims of the attack were making sense of what had happened to them. Dr. Heartwell is probably employing which of the following qualitative research designs?
12. The technique of participant observation is most associated with:
13. Qualitative researchers often begin by asking themselves, “What needs to be studied?” and then collect preliminary data that helps to develop a more focused research question and a plan for later data collection. This type of design is known as:
|[removed]||case study design|
|[removed]||mixed methods design|
14. Qualitative researchers can best address concerns about validity in their study design and their data by:
|[removed]||collecting some quantitative data|
|[removed]||ensuring that all participants provide informed consent|
|[removed]||use one objective, reliable method for collecting data|
|[removed]||comparing different data sources to see if they provide consistent results|
15. Effective qualitative interviews usually require that the researcher:
|[removed]||adhere to set of questions determined in advance.|
|[removed]||maintain an informal, friendly atmosphere.|
|[removed]||remain as objective and detached as possible.|
|[removed]||interview several participants at one time.|
We are committed to making our customer experience enjoyable and that we are keen on creating conditions where our customers feel secured and respected in their interactions with us.
With our qualified expert team who are available 24/7, we ensure that all our customer needs and concerns are met..
Our refund policy allows you to get your money back when you are eligible for a refund. In such a case, we guarantee that you will be paid back to your credit card. Another alternative we offer you is saving this money with us as a credit. Instead of processing the money back, keeping it with us would be an easier way to pay for next the orders you placeRead more
All orders you place on our website are written from scratch. Our expert team ensures that they exercise professionalism, the laid down guidelines and ethical considerations which only allows crediting or acknowledging any information borrowed from scholarly sources by citing. In cases where plagiarism is confirmed, then the costumier to a full refund or a free paper revision depending on the customer’s request..Read more
Quality is all our company is about and we make sure we hire the most qualified writers with outstanding academic qualifications in every field. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
We understand that students are not allowed to seek help on their projects, papers and assignments from online writing services. We therefore strive to uphold the confidentiality that every student is entitled to. We will not share your personal information elsewhere. You are further guaranteed the full rights of originality and ownership for your paper once its finished.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more