C17 college mathematics scholarly experts
C17 College Mathematics
Directions: Answer each question in the handout and show all your work.
Use Microsoft Equation Editor or a similar tool to help you insert mathematical equations and symbols in your response. For further assistance, download the Microsoft Equation Editor Information document.
To show your work, clearly identify each step in your problem-solving process demonstrating your progress at each stage.
Clearly identify your final answer.
1. (5 points) Classify each angle as acute, right, obtuse, or straight.
2. (5 points) Find the perimeter or circumference, as indicated.
A rectangle measures 10 inches by 5 inches. Find its perimeter.
A square has a side that measure 6 centimeters. Find its perimeter.
John planted a garden that is 5 feet by 3 feet. How much fencing is needed to fence in the perimeter?
Find the circumference of a circle with a radius of 6 inches.
Find the circumference of a circle with a diameter of 18 centimeters.
3. (5 points) Find the area or volume, as indicated.
Find the area of a rectangular carpet that measures 10 feet by 8 feet.
Find the area of a triangle with a base of 7 centimeters and a height of 11 centimeters.
Find the area of a circle with a radius of 9 inches.
Find the volume of a rectangular box that measures 6 inches by 4 inches by 2 inches.
Find the volume of a sphere with a radius of 8 meters.
4. (5 points) Determine whether each pair of triangles is congruent.
Triangle 1: sides 8 inches, 11 inches, and 14 inches
Triangle 2: sides 11 inches , 14 inches, and 8 inches
Triangle 1: angle , side 28 meters, and angle
Triangle 2: angle, side 28 meters, and angle
5. (5 points) Given that Triangle A and Triangle B are similar, solve for the unknown length n.
Triangle A Triangle B
Triangle A Triangle B
6. (5 points) Answer the following questions using the bar graph below.
Who had the highest sales for the year 2010?
Approximately how much more did Joe sell than Julie?
7. (5 points) Answer the following questions using the pie chart below.
What type of music is most preferred among those surveyed?
What percent prefer classical music?
8. (5 points) Find the mean, median, and mode of the following sets of data:
3.8, 3.1, 2.6, 3.5, 3.0, 4.0, 1.6, 2.6, 2.1
20,000, 35,000, 20,000, 19,000, 26,000, 35,000, 42,000
9. (5 points) At most colleges, A’s are given a weight of 4, B’s a weight of 3, C’s a weight of 2, D’s a weight of 1, and F’s a weight of 0. Given the following report card, find the student’s GPA.
|Physical Education (PE)||B||1|
10. (5 points) If a single die is tossed once, find the probability of each event.
number less than 5
5 or 6
11. (5 points) Represent each quantity as a signed number.
The elevation is 200 feet above sea level.
The temperature is 25 degrees below zero.
12. (5 points) Insert < or > between each pair of numbers to make a true statement.
13. (5 points) Evaluate.
14. (5 points) Add or subtract as indicated.
–14 + (–23)
8.56 – (–1.76)
–4.5 – 1.3
15. (5 points) Multiply or divide as indicated.
16. (5 points) Solve. Check your solution.
17. (5 points) Solve. Check your solution.
18. (5 points) Write each phrase as a variable expression.
The sum of a number and seven
The difference of twenty and a number
Fifty decreased by a number
The sum of twice a number and four
The product of a number and eight.
19. (5 points) Solve.
The sum of twice a number and 18 is 22. Find the number.
The product of a three times a number and 7 is 63. Find the number.
20. (5 points) Solve.
Sean’s age is 5 years more than twice Doug’s age. The sum of their ages is 29. Find each of their ages.
Larry and Michael scored a total of 48 points in the basketball game. If Michael scored twice the number of points Larry did, how many points did Larry score?
We offer essay help by crafting highly customized papers for our customers. Our expert essay writers do not take content from their previous work and always strive to guarantee 100% original texts. Furthermore, they carry out extensive investigations and research on the topic. We never craft two identical papers as all our work is unique.
Our capable essay writers can help you rewrite, update, proofread, and write any academic paper. Whether you need help writing a speech, research paper, thesis paper, personal statement, case study, or term paper, Homework-aider.com essay writing service is ready to help you.
You can order custom essay writing with the confidence that we will work round the clock to deliver your paper as soon as possible. If you have an urgent order, our custom essay writing company finishes them within a few hours (1 page) to ease your anxiety. Do not be anxious about short deadlines; remember to indicate your deadline when placing your order for a custom essay.
To establish that your online custom essay writer possesses the skill and style you require, ask them to give you a short preview of their work. When the writing expert begins writing your essay, you can use our chat feature to ask for an update or give an opinion on specific text sections.
Our essay writing service is designed for students at all academic levels. Whether high school, undergraduate or graduate, or studying for your doctoral qualification or master’s degree, we make it a reality.