Value: 200 points
Minimum word count: 1000 words
Required sources: 3
Write a thesis based essay that presents a comparison and contrast – you should still have a central argument.
You may choose one of the topics below or propose your own topic for this major assignment.
Here are some sample topics.
1. An expectation and its reality
2. A first impression and a later point of view
3. Two views on a current controversial issue (campus, local, national, or international)
you’ve been in college
With this paper, students are responsible for researching 3 credible source materials. At least 1 or more must come from the college library databases.
1. You must have at least 100 words to earn a passing grade on this assignment. Minimum word count does not include the cover page, outline, heading, title, or Works Cited page of your paper. Please use Times News Roman 12-point or a comparable font.
2. You must have an MLA-style document. The title page should contain a well-worded title or titles which capture the reader’s interest and move him or her to read the essay. See more about effective titles in the Essay Basics section of the Writer’s Resources module.
3. You must have a clear and developed introductory paragraph that contains an argumentative thesis statement. See more about introductions in the Essay Basics section of the Writer’s Resources module.
4. You must have three or more body paragraphs unified by clear topic sentences and focused on proving the thesis through either the point-by-point or subject-by-subject organizational strategy. See more about body paragraphs in the Essay Basics section of the Writer’s Resources module.
5. You must incorporate material from a minimum of 3 credible sources. Any quotes, paraphrases, or summaries must be introduced and incorporated into your own sentences. They must include an in-text citation or acknowledgment in MLA format and a follow-up sentence that clearly relates the material to your own argument. Check past modules for more information about quoting from sources and avoiding plagiarism.
6. You must have a conclusion that brings closure to your entire essay. See more about conclusions in the Essay Basics section of the Writer’s Resources module.
7. You must include a Works Cited page as the last page of the document. This page must be in MLA format. See past paper modules for more about the works cited.
8. You must submit your final paper to the Compare/Contrast Essay Dropbox.
1. Avoid comma splices and fragments. These errors are major issues that will result in a significant reduction of points. Edit each sentence individually to avoid them. See more about these major errors and how to avoid them in the Grammar Basics section of the Writer’s Resources module.
2. Avoid subject-verb and pronoun antecedent agreement errors through careful editing. These errors can be difficult to locate because they are often found in our speech. Pay careful attention. See more about these major errors and how to avoid them in the Grammar Basics section of the Writer’s Resources module.
3. Avoid dumped quotes. This is when borrowed materials lack a lead-in or phrase of attribution to connect them to your own argument. Also, remember to follow up on any borrowed materials. See quoting examples in past paper modules. Avoid errors you have made on past papers.
1. Make sure your paper follows one of the compare/contrast organizational strategies: point-by-point or subject-by-subject. Also, consider transitions as you organize. You want your reader to see the connections between your points.
2. Be sensitive to your audience as you consider your tone and language. If you feel there is a point of contention, acknowledging it and then explaining your point of view can be a helpful way to address this. Reading out loud can also increase your audience awareness because it allows you to hear your arguments in a more objective way.
3. Make sure your argument avoids logic fallacies. See more about logic fallacies in the module or click direct link Logic Fallacies.
4. Thoroughly review the Four Pitfalls of Comparison/Contrast Writing and eliminate them from your own paper. See this item in Content, or click here to open in a new window: Four Pitfalls.
We are committed to making our customer experience enjoyable and that we are keen on creating conditions where our customers feel secured and respected in their interactions with us.
With our qualified expert team who are available 24/7, we ensure that all our customer needs and concerns are met..
Our refund policy allows you to get your money back when you are eligible for a refund. In such a case, we guarantee that you will be paid back to your credit card. Another alternative we offer you is saving this money with us as a credit. Instead of processing the money back, keeping it with us would be an easier way to pay for next the orders you placeRead more
All orders you place on our website are written from scratch. Our expert team ensures that they exercise professionalism, the laid down guidelines and ethical considerations which only allows crediting or acknowledging any information borrowed from scholarly sources by citing. In cases where plagiarism is confirmed, then the costumier to a full refund or a free paper revision depending on the customer’s request..Read more
Quality is all our company is about and we make sure we hire the most qualified writers with outstanding academic qualifications in every field. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
We understand that students are not allowed to seek help on their projects, papers and assignments from online writing services. We therefore strive to uphold the confidentiality that every student is entitled to. We will not share your personal information elsewhere. You are further guaranteed the full rights of originality and ownership for your paper once its finished.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more