ONE:Now that you have read the chapter about the OSI model, how would you change it? Are there inefficiencies or redundancies in the model?
In this lab, you’ll examine the layers of the OSI seven-layer model and the TCP/IP model. When you’ve completed this lab you will be able to
● Explain why layered models are used to describe data communication.
● Identify each of the seven layers of the OSI model.
Lab Materials and Setup
The materials you need for this lab are
● The Mike Meyers’ CompTIA Network+ Guide to Managing and Troubleshooting Networks textbook
● Pencil and paper
Work through the following tasks to investigate the details of network data delivery using the OSI seven-layer model.
Task 1: Answer the following questions.
1. How does the concept of layers describe flow of information or communications?
2. How are layers used to describe data communications?
3. What is a mnemonic used for remembering the OSI model?
4. What is the OSI model and what are its benefits?
5. What are some advantages of the OSI model?
6. What is a PDU?
7. Explain data encapsulation.
Attach your completed Hardware Lab worksheet to this drop box and submit it. Your submitted file can be in any of these formats: .doc, .docx, .rtf, or .pdf.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more