Describe Alexander Hamiltons financial program and the reasons for opposition
By the end of this session, students will be able to:
· Describe Alexander Hamilton’s financial program and the reasons for opposition
· Describe American foreign policy in 1790’s.
· Describe the origins of political parties.
· Describe the nature of party conflict in this decade.
· Explain the significance of the election in 1800
Read Chapter 7 in American: Past and Present by Robert Divine and view the chapter 7 Power Point.
Helpful Web sites:
A. Read Chapter 7 in American: Past and Present by Robert Divine and answer the following questions.
1. During the 1790’s, why did the revolutionary leaders become divided over the course of the new nation?
2. How did the views of Hamilton and Jefferson give birth to political parties?
3. What were the long-term effects of Hamilton’s financial plans?
4. Compare the foreign policies of Washington and Adams.
5. What would ordinary citizens have to fear with the passage of the Alien and Sedition Acts?
B. Read the hyperlinked article and respond to one of the questions.
(alexander_hamilton.pdf on attch)
-Why has Hamilton been demonized for being a “closet monarchist”?
-Why is Hamilton’s background and achievements a truer representation of democracy than say Thomas Jefferson?
-If Hamilton did not create the infrastructure for today’s economy, how might American look today?
C. Political Cartoon:
What is the message of this cartoon?
Click here for the cartoon.
(1804 conflict…. on the attch）
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more