ENG301 1st Semester 20 to 21
1ST Assignment (6 points)
1. Origin of Language: (Ch:1)
1. Choose one of the language origin theories and name its strengths and weaknesses
e.g. The Social Interaction Source
The advantage of this theory is that it places the emergence of language in social context (i.e. since language today is central to human societies). The drawback of this theory is that apes and other primates produce grunts in social contexts, but they haven’t developed language.
2. The Sounds of Language: (Ch:3)
2. Guess the words from the transcriptions in the table below and transcribe the second part.
*Online IPA keyboard:
3. Sounds and Patterns of Language: (Ch 4)
3. Is [g] in Saudi Arabic a phoneme or an allophone? Give one example and an explanation.
4. Give word examples for the following syllable structures.
e.g. CVC: cat, mat, fat etc.
4. Morphology: (Ch 6)
5. Give one example of a bound morpheme and one for a free morpheme
6. Give one example of a derivational morpheme and one for an inflectional morpheme
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more