flat lying rocks and grand canyon What is the difference between landform and landscape
HW4: Flat-Lying Rocks & Grand Canyon
1) What is the difference between ‘landform’ and ‘landscape?’
2) Many different hues of red can be observed in the rocks of the Colorado Plateau. Where does the red color come from, and in which part of the rock would you find it?
What processes causes the red color to form in the rocks?
3) List some of the vegetation one would find on the North rim of the Grand Canyon?
What types of vegetation would one find on the South rim?
Why is the vegetation so different between North and South sides?
4) What does “differential erosion” mean?
5) Tourists often notice the terraced or stair-step appearance of the canyon walls. Four rock layers are responsible for the two canyon-wide steps. They are:________________.
6) In the textbook’s discussion of Grand Canyon Geology, what does transgression and regression mean?
What is a time-transgressive rock unit?
An example of a time-transgressive rock unit in the Grand Canyon would be the ________________.
7) What was the geological “Surprise” in the Grand Canyon?
Does it have a name?
What type of environment did this “surprise” formed in?
Are there fossil(s) associated with the “surprise;” if so, what type(s)?
8) During Middle to Late Cenozoic time, the Colorado Plateau became increasingly arid. What geologic event caused the climate of the Colorado Plateau to change?
This type of climatic change in an area is referred to as a _____
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more