Directions Assignment 1
· Post your first response to the prompts by Wednesday Midnight CST.
· Participate in the conversation by responding to at least two of your peers’ postings by Sunday Midnight.
Chapter 9 & 10 Prompts
The period from the midpoint of the 18th through the early years of the 20th century brought philosophical thought into modern philosophy, as well as the birth of psychology as discipline and science with the establishment of Wundt’s scientific laboratory in 1879. Primary philosophical debates center on the nature-nurture problem. The nature-nurture question revolves around the source of knowledge in innate, biological factors or in learned, experiential factors. The issue still remains in modern psychology today. The turn of the 20th century brought the rise of distinctly American philosophical/psychological systems of thought and the final separation of European from American style psychology.
· Identify one modern philosopher, scientist, or psychologist from this unit’s assigned readings.
· Analyze and summarize the individuals’ major contributions to scientific, philosophical, or psychological thought.
· Explain how the individual’s ideas adhere to empiricism, rationalism, dualism, determinism, double-aspectism, occasionalism, romanticism, pre-established harmony, mentalism, idealism, sensationalism, Utilitarianism, social science, positivism, psychophysical parallelism, voluntarism, phenomenalism, positivism, structuralism, or functionalism philosophical system of thought. Discuss how the selected system relates to the nature-nurture problem.
Directions Assignment 2
Each student will locate and read a peer-reviewed journal article found in the online that relates to the chapters and published within the past five years that relates to the main points found in this unit’s assigned chapters.
Each student will summarize the article and provide the URL link to where it is located; identify any relationship between the research article and the main points of the assigned chapters; and discuss how it relates to any main point(s) in this unit’s assigned chapters. Article abstracts are not sufficient for analysis of relationships between the article and the assigned readings historical ideas main points. You must read the entire article to come to your conclusions.
· The Modern Psychology and Historical Ideas Main discussion post is due by Thursday 11:59 PM CST.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more