Human Services Internship at Court Appointed Special Advocate CASA Essay Sample
1. What have you learned in your course work about the purpose and functions of this type of agency? Textbooks and other materials should be cited.
2. What had been your expectations about this agency prior to beginning your internship? You entered the internship with preconceived ideas about the purpose and functions of this type of agency developed from your reading, listening to the media, educators, personnel working in this field, and your own experiences. Did you find these notions to be accurate or did you alter them?
3. Who were the professionals you observed during your internship? Discuss the functions of those professionals. (Professionals observed are judges, attorneys, case managers, and CASA supervisors).
4. What were the agency staff members’ views about the agency’s purpose and functions? (The purpose of CASA is to advocate for the child’s best interest and to find permanent housing placement for the child along with DFACS help). Once the child has a permeant safe home or the child ages out which is 21 years old then the CASA job is complete.
5. Reflect on the kinds of tasks you actually performed during the internship. How were you able to apply what you had learned in coursework? What kinds of skills and knowledge did you develop during the internship?
6. Discuss your thinking and feelings regarding this internship and tell what, if anything, could be done to improve this agency’s effectiveness in fulfilling its mission. (Nothing needs to be done to improve this agency’s effectiveness in fulfilling its mission, CASA does a very good job and really cares and protects the children).
7. Would you recommend that other students carry out an internship at this agency? What are your suggestions to prepare students to intern at this agency? (Yes, to be prepared to hear and learn horrifying incidents that happen to children on a daily basis).
8. Discuss at least two of the Ethical Standards for Human Services professional and their connection to events that occurred at your placement site.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more