Indigenous People Roles Climate Change Negotiations Outcomes and Demands for COP26 Essay Sample
COP26 starts in Glasgow on Nov 1. Many people feel this is the ‘do or die’ moment for serious global action on climate change.
Indigenous peoples from around the world (not only from the Amazon) believe that they have a particular stake in the outcome and have a distinctive voice and perspective to bring ‘to the table.’ Your task in this essay is to discuss what and why.
Specifically, your assignment is to consider these linked questions:
1. What distinctive visions/ claims/ roles do indigenous peoples say they bring to global discussions about protecting the planet from the ravages of climate change – what do they say they bring to this COP that is unique, or at least distinctive? Why should they have a ‘place at the table’ when there are arguably hundreds of other groups/ interests who would also say they should be there?
2. Why do indigenous peoples feel they have a particular stake in the outcomes of climate change global negotiations – what’s at stake for them that’s different from anyone else?
3. Do indigenous peoples have specific demands for COP26? Specific demands in terms of their participation, and in terms of the negotiated climate change agreements?
Here’s how you’ll answer these questions:
1) READ these THREE short news items/ essays:
• https://www(dot)fordfoundation(dot)org/just-matters/just-matters/posts/this-alliance-of-indigenous- peoples-brings-climate-solutions-to-cop26/
2) Find another THREE news items/ briefings/ primers on the roles and demands of indigenous peoples vis a vis COP26. You can use more than 3, but not fewer.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more