Information management 3 a vast range of online homework help to choose from
1. The device that acts as a connection point between computers and can filter and forward data to a specified destination is called a(n):
2. The method of slicing digital messages into parcels, transmitting them along different communication paths, and reassembling them at their destinations is called:
c. packet switching.
d. packet routing.
3. Which type of network serves a small group of computers, allowing them to share resources and peripherals without using a dedicated server?
4. Which type of network would be most appropriate for a business that comprised three employees and a manager located in the same office space, whose primary need is to share documents?
b. Campus area network
c. Domain-based LAN
d. Peer-to-peer network
5. Which of the following is considered by many to be the defining Web 2.0 application?
a. Instant messaging
b. Social networking
6. Instant messaging is a type of ________ service.
7. Prior to the development of ________, computer networks used leased, dedicated telephone circuits to communicate with other computers in remote locations.
b. packet switching
c. coaxial cable
8. A(n) ________ is a box consisting of a radio receiver/transmitter and antennas that links to a wired network, router, or hub.
a. access point
b. hot spot
c. wireless router
9. Electronic data are more susceptible to destruction, fraud, error, and misuse because information systems concentrate data in computer files that:
a. are unprotected by up-to-date security systems.
b. may be accessible by anyone who has access to the same network.
c. can be opened with easily available software.
d. are easily decrypted.
10. The Internet poses specific security problems because:
a. Internet standards are universal.
b. it changes so rapidly.
c. it was designed to be easily accessible.
d. Internet data is not run over secure lines.
11. Which of the following statements about the Internet security is not true?
a. The use of P2P networks can expose a corporate computer to outsiders.
b. VoIP is more secure than the switched voice network.
c. A corporate network without access to the Internet is more secure than one that provides access.
d. Instant messaging can provide hackers access to an otherwise secure network.
12. Evil twins are:
a. e-mail messages that mimic the e-mail messages of a legitimate business.
b. Trojan horses that appears to the user to be a legitimate commercial software application.
c. bogus wireless network access points that look legitimate to users.
d. fraudulent Web sites that mimic a legitimate business’s Web site.
13. Redirecting a Web link to a different address is a form of:
d. war driving.
14. Your company, an online clothing store, has calculated that a loss of Internet connectivity for 5 hours results in a potential loss of $1,000 to $2,000 and that there is a 50% chance of this occurring. What is the annual expected loss from this exposure?
15. Analysis of an information system that rates the likelihood of a security incident occurring and its cost is included in a(n):
a. risk assessment.
b. security policy.
c. business impact analysis.
16. Biometric authentication:
a. only uses physical measurements for identification.
b. can use a person’s voice as a unique, measurable trait.
c. is inexpensive.
d. is used widely in Europe for security applications.
17. You have been asked to implement enterprise software for a manufacturer of kitchen appliances. What is the first step you should take?
a. Select the functions of the system you wish to use.
b. Select the business processes you wish to automate.
c. Map the company’s business processes to the software’s business processes.
d. Map the software’s business processes to the company’s business processes.
18. Supply chain complexity and scale increases when firms:
a. produce products and services that coordinate with hundreds or more firms and suppliers.
b. manage the procurement, manufacturing, and distribution functions themselves.
c. modify their existing workflows to comply with supply-chain management systems.
d. move to globalization.
19. Supply chain software can be classified as either supply chain ________ systems or supply chain ________ systems.
a. demand; continual
b. push; pull
c. upstream; downstream
d. planning; execution
20. A build-to-order supply-chain model is also called a ________ model.
21. ________ modules deal with issues such as setting objectives, employee performance management, and performance-based compensation.
22. ________ modules use many of the same data, tools, and systems as CRM to enhance collaboration between a company and its selling partners.
23. Which of the following is not one of the four types of customers described in the case study on Graybar?
a. Niche customers
b. Opportunistic customers
c. Marginal customers
d. Service-drain customers
24. Which metric is based on the relationship between the revenue produced by a specific customer, the expenses incurred in acquiring and servicing that customer, and the expected life of the relationship between the customer and the company?
a. Cost per sale
c. Cost per lead
d. Churn rate
25. The measurement of the number of customers who stop using or purchasing products or services from a company is called:
a. switching costs.
b. switch rate.
c. churn rate.
We offer essay help by crafting highly customized papers for our customers. Our expert essay writers do not take content from their previous work and always strive to guarantee 100% original texts. Furthermore, they carry out extensive investigations and research on the topic. We never craft two identical papers as all our work is unique.
Our capable essay writers can help you rewrite, update, proofread, and write any academic paper. Whether you need help writing a speech, research paper, thesis paper, personal statement, case study, or term paper, Homework-aider.com essay writing service is ready to help you.
You can order custom essay writing with the confidence that we will work round the clock to deliver your paper as soon as possible. If you have an urgent order, our custom essay writing company finishes them within a few hours (1 page) to ease your anxiety. Do not be anxious about short deadlines; remember to indicate your deadline when placing your order for a custom essay.
To establish that your online custom essay writer possesses the skill and style you require, ask them to give you a short preview of their work. When the writing expert begins writing your essay, you can use our chat feature to ask for an update or give an opinion on specific text sections.
Our essay writing service is designed for students at all academic levels. Whether high school, undergraduate or graduate, or studying for your doctoral qualification or master’s degree, we make it a reality.