This assignment requires you to research a job field that you already work in or that you may wish to enter someday to show how someone can use it as a platform for promoting something God values in the world. See the Alban text pp. 405–480 for descriptions of several job fields you may wish to consider for the purpose of this project. list of things God values in the world.
Speech Goals: Because this is an informative speech—a speech in which you merely report information from credible sources without expressing your personal opinion—your goal in this presentation is simply to use information from appropriately credited expert sources in 2 ways:
(1) To describe this occupation to your audience; and,
(2) To show through documented examples or expert quotations how people can use this occupation as a platform for advancing something that God values according to the list of things God values that appears in the Alban text, pp. 73–76.
Among the many occupation-related points you could communicate to your audience in this informative speech are the nature of the work, the training or credentials required, employment-related trends, future outlook there, pay scale, etc. See the “Profiles” section on the WebCOM site for examples of people from a variety of occupational fields who have used job skills/situations as platforms for promoting something God values in the world.
Other Topic Criteria: Your topic must satisfy not only the preceding criteria, but also the topic selection criteria set forth in the Alban text and the Liberty University Online Honor Code. In addition, your topic must comply with the following:
· Topic Appropriateness: Avoid any topic that leads you to portray legally or ethically questionable texts or behaviors in a favorable light. This includes but is not limited to theses that advance sexually promiscuous activity, the use of illegal substances, or other behaviors that Liberty University’s statement of values prohibits. Questions about the appropriateness of topics, sources, etc. should be directed to your instructor early in the speech-planning process.
· Topic Originality: Your speech topics MUST be researched, selected, and delivered primarily for this course and not primarily for, or in conjunction with, a presentation for a church group, a Sunday School class, a social group, or any other small group. You may not give a speech that serves a double purpose.
· Topic Grading Criteria: You must choose a topic that enables you to construct the speech in a way that satisfies the specific requirements of the Speeches Grading Rubric, which lists the criteria that your instructor will use when grading your presentation.
Research, Organization, and Outlining
Basic Requirements: For your informative speech, you are required to:
(1) Research credible sources for information about your topic.
(2) Form a main idea for your speech based on your research.
(3) Express this main idea as a complete thought in a single declarative thesis statement sentence.
(4) Choose the information from your research that most powerfully delivers the type of information that this thesis statement requires.
(5) Present this information in a logically sequenced outline of properly documented main points, sub-points, and perhaps even sub-sub-points, using the Informative Speech Outline Template document as your formatting guide. Your outline in its final form will serve as the blueprint that you mentally must follow while extemporaneously delivering the speech to your audience.
· Research Requirements: For your informative speech, you are required to use 3 expert sources. You must use and clearly cite examples, illustrations, statistics, quotations from experts, etc. from at least 3 expert sources in this project. An expert source is a person, group of persons, or organization with documentable expertise in the area it addresses. Information from such sources typically derives from personal interviews with credentialed experts or from documentable print and/or electronic publications
· The Bible as an Expert Source: While you may of course use the Bible as a source when related to your topic, it must be in addition to the 3 required sources.
· Non-Expert Sources: Never use information from anonymous or questionable sources such as Wikipedia or any printed source authored by someone whose credentials for addressing the topic are not clearly established.
· Liberty University Database Source Options: It behooves you to consult the Liberty University Library’s research portal for access to many potentially useful, credible databases.
Organization and Outlining Requirements
Topical Sequencing Required: You must use the Topical organizational pattern for addressing your topic (see the Alban text page 221–222 for more about this).
The Draft and the Final Outlines: The speech outline process involves 2 submissions. If you post the optional draft version of your outline by the Module/Week 3 deadline for it, your instructor will post constructive feedback that you should heed and assimilate as you compose the final outline for submission a week later. The draft outline (if you do it) and the final outline must be submitted as Microsoft Word documents via the designated Blackboard submission links.
Use the Outline Template: You must use the Informative Speech Outline Template document as a guide for constructing your speech outline. Retain the given formatting. Provide information for each category—an audience description, organizational pattern, purpose statement, etc. Include clearly distinguished introduction, body, and conclusion sections.
· The introduction must be listed in this order: your attention-getter, motive-for-listening, credibility statement, purpose statement, and preview statement.
· The body must include 2–5 main points, each with supportive subpoints, and perhaps even sub-subpoints. These will consist mainly of documented examples, illustrations, statistics, quotations from experts, etc. that you have derived from the 3 or more expert sources that this project requires.
· The conclusion must include a summary statement and a concluding element that refocuses the audience’s attention on the main point.
· The Works Cited (MLA), Reference page (APA), or Bibliography (Turabian) must properly credit your sources and must do so in the format prescribed by the respective format used.
Document Your Sources Properly:
We are committed to making our customer experience enjoyable and that we are keen on creating conditions where our customers feel secured and respected in their interactions with us.
With our qualified expert team who are available 24/7, we ensure that all our customer needs and concerns are met..
Our refund policy allows you to get your money back when you are eligible for a refund. In such a case, we guarantee that you will be paid back to your credit card. Another alternative we offer you is saving this money with us as a credit. Instead of processing the money back, keeping it with us would be an easier way to pay for next the orders you placeRead more
All orders you place on our website are written from scratch. Our expert team ensures that they exercise professionalism, the laid down guidelines and ethical considerations which only allows crediting or acknowledging any information borrowed from scholarly sources by citing. In cases where plagiarism is confirmed, then the costumier to a full refund or a free paper revision depending on the customer’s request..Read more
Quality is all our company is about and we make sure we hire the most qualified writers with outstanding academic qualifications in every field. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
We understand that students are not allowed to seek help on their projects, papers and assignments from online writing services. We therefore strive to uphold the confidentiality that every student is entitled to. We will not share your personal information elsewhere. You are further guaranteed the full rights of originality and ownership for your paper once its finished.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more