Manson 5 page paper compelling advantages of having live homework help at your service
Length: 4-5 pages (double spaced, 12-point font)
Essay Task: By means of which rhetorical strategies did early media responses to the Tate-LaBianca murders and/or the Manson Family generate public interest? (For example, what kind of analogies, metaphors, images, etc., do the newspapers use to describe the crimes and the criminals? Which details, traits, tendencies, etc., are singled out?) What do these early responses suggest about the wider social, political and/or cultural contexts? Focus your analysis on the primary sources, but feel free to use Burke and/or Murley to help frame your essay. Include an APA bibliography and you must not plagiarize (site it)
In answering the questions, draw on the readings/films listed below. This is a short paper, so of course you will not be able to cover all of the sources (certainly not in depth). You may choose to emphasize some over others. Or focus on a certain type of source (the list below includes: true crime writing, newspaper and magazine reporting, memoir, interviews, etc.)
List of sources
* Vincent Bugliosi with Curt Gentry, Helter Skelter (1974).
* “Sharon Tate, Four Others Murdered,” Los Angeles Times.
* “’X’ Killer; 2 More Die,” Los Angeles Herald Examiner.
* “Fears Spread in Tate Aftermath,” Los Angeles Herald Examiner.
* “The Night of Horror,” Time Magazine, Vol. 94, Issue 8, August 22, 1969.
* Roman Polanski, Roman (NY: William Morrow and Company, Inc., 1984), pp. 307-324.
* Joan Didion, The White Album (New York: Farrar, Straus and Giroux, 1979), pp. 11-48.
* “3 Named in Tate ‘Thrill’ Slayings,” Los Angeles Herald Examiner.
* “Tate Suspect: Svengali of Sex, Sadism,” Los Angeles Herald Examiner.
* “Savage Mystic Cult Blamed,” LA Times, Dec. 2, 1969.
* “The Demon of Death Valley,” Time Magazine, December 12, 1969, Vol. 94, Issue 24, pp. 22-25.
* “The Love and Terror Cult,” Life Magazine, December 19, 1969.
* Jeff Guinn, Manson. The Life and Times of Charles Manson, pp. 15-46, 59-61, and 65-67.
* Karina Longworth, “Charles Manson’s Hollywood, Part 2: How Manson Found His Family,” You Must Remember This, Podcast, Episode 45, June 2, 2015.
* Dale Carnegie, How to Win Friends and Influence People (New York: Gallery Books, 1936), xv-xxi, 17-22, 30-3, 67-9, 80-1, 181-3, 208-10.
* L. Ron Hubbard, Dianetics. The Modern Science of Mental Health (Bridge Publications, 2007; originally published in 1950), pp. i-xi, 13-23, 26, 49.
* “A Martian Model,” Time Magazine, Jan. 19, 1970, Vol. 95, Issue 3, pp. 4-5.
* “Manson’s Life: Jail Shadows. Jail Interview Part 3,” LA Free Press, Issue 291, Feb. 13, 1971, pp. 4 and 11.
* “Susan Atkins’ Story of 2 Nights of Murder,” LA Times, December 14, 1969.
* Easy Rider (dir. Dennis Hopper, 1969).
* Helter Skelter (dir. Tom Gries, 1976).
We offer essay help by crafting highly customized papers for our customers. Our expert essay writers do not take content from their previous work and always strive to guarantee 100% original texts. Furthermore, they carry out extensive investigations and research on the topic. We never craft two identical papers as all our work is unique.
Our capable essay writers can help you rewrite, update, proofread, and write any academic paper. Whether you need help writing a speech, research paper, thesis paper, personal statement, case study, or term paper, Homework-aider.com essay writing service is ready to help you.
You can order custom essay writing with the confidence that we will work round the clock to deliver your paper as soon as possible. If you have an urgent order, our custom essay writing company finishes them within a few hours (1 page) to ease your anxiety. Do not be anxious about short deadlines; remember to indicate your deadline when placing your order for a custom essay.
To establish that your online custom essay writer possesses the skill and style you require, ask them to give you a short preview of their work. When the writing expert begins writing your essay, you can use our chat feature to ask for an update or give an opinion on specific text sections.
Our essay writing service is designed for students at all academic levels. Whether high school, undergraduate or graduate, or studying for your doctoral qualification or master’s degree, we make it a reality.