Mat 540 week 5 quiz 3 essay homework help
MAT 540 Week 5 Quiz 3
1. The terms in the objective function or constraints are not additive. TRUE/ FALSE
2. A feasible solution violates at least one of the constraints. TRUE/ FALSE
3. Which of the following could not be a linear programming problem constraint?
a. 1A + 2B
b. 1A + 2B = 3
c. 1A + 2B > 3
d. 1A + 2B < 3
4. In a linear programming problem, a valid objective function can be represented as
A) Max Z = 5xy
B) Max Z 5×2 + 2y2
C) Max 3x + 3y + 1/3z
D) Min (x1 + x2) / x3
5. Non-negativity constraints restrict the decision variables to negative values. TRUE/ FALSE
6. A graphical solution is limited to linear programming problems with ___ decision variables
7. A constraint is a linear relationship representing a restriction on decision making.
8. Linear programming is a model consisting of linear relationships representing a firm’s decisions given an objective and resource constraints. TRUE/ FALSE
9. Non-negativity constraints
A) restrict the decision variables to zero.
B) restrict the decision variables to positive values
C) restrict the decision variables to negative values
D) do not restrict the sign of the decision variable.
E) both A and B
10. Decision models are mathematical symbols representing levels of activity. TRUE/ FALSE
11. Which of the following could be a linear programming objective function?
A) Z = 1A + 2BC + 3D
B) Z = 1A + 2B + 3C + 4D
C) Z = 1A + 2B / C + 3D
D) Z = 1A + 2B2 + 3D
E) all of the above
12. Decision variables
A) measure the objective function
B) measure how much or how many items to produce, purchase, hire, etc.
C) always exist for each constraint
D) measure the values of each constraint
13. A linear programming model consists of decision variables, constraints, but no objective function. TRUE/ FALSE
14. The region which satisfies all of the constraints in a graphical linear programming problem is called the
A) region of optimality
B) feasible solution space
C) region of non-negativity
D) optimal solution space
15. The _______________ property of linear programming models indicates that the decision variables cannot be restricted to integer values and can take on any fractional value.
16. The production manager for the Coory soft drink company is considering the production of 2 kinds of soft drinks: regular and diet. Two of the limited resources are production time (8 hours = 480 minutes per day) and syrup limited to 675 gallons per day. To produce a regular case requires 2 minutes and 5 gallons of syrup, while a diet case needs 4 minutes and 3 gallons of syrup. Profits for regular soft drink are $3.00 per case and profits for diet soft drink are $2.00 per case. What is the time constraint?
A) 2R + 5D ≤ 480
B) 2D + 4R ≤ 480
C) 2R + 3D ≤ 480
D) 3R + 2D ≤ 480
E) 2R + 4D ≤ 480
17. Cully furniture buys 2 products for resale: big shelves (B) and medium shelves (M). Each big shelf costs $500 and requires 100 cubic feet of storage space, and each medium shelf costs $300 and requires 90 cubic feet of storage space. The company has $75000 to invest in shelves this week, and the warehouse has 18000 cubic feet available for storage. Profit for each big shelf is $300 and for each medium shelf is $150. What is the objective function?
Z = $300B + $150M
A) MAX Z = $300B + $100 M
B) MAX Z = $300M + $150 B
C) MAX Z = $300B + $150 M
D) MAX Z = $300B + $500 M
E) MAX Z = $500B + $300 M
18. In a linear programming model, the numberof constraints must be less than the number of decision variables. TRUE/ FALSE
19. Proportionality means the slope of a constraint or objective function line is not constant. TRUE/ FALSE
20. The objective function is a linear relationship reflecting the objective of an operation. TRUE/ FALSE
We offer essay help by crafting highly customized papers for our customers. Our expert essay writers do not take content from their previous work and always strive to guarantee 100% original texts. Furthermore, they carry out extensive investigations and research on the topic. We never craft two identical papers as all our work is unique.
Our capable essay writers can help you rewrite, update, proofread, and write any academic paper. Whether you need help writing a speech, research paper, thesis paper, personal statement, case study, or term paper, Homework-aider.com essay writing service is ready to help you.
You can order custom essay writing with the confidence that we will work round the clock to deliver your paper as soon as possible. If you have an urgent order, our custom essay writing company finishes them within a few hours (1 page) to ease your anxiety. Do not be anxious about short deadlines; remember to indicate your deadline when placing your order for a custom essay.
To establish that your online custom essay writer possesses the skill and style you require, ask them to give you a short preview of their work. When the writing expert begins writing your essay, you can use our chat feature to ask for an update or give an opinion on specific text sections.
Our essay writing service is designed for students at all academic levels. Whether high school, undergraduate or graduate, or studying for your doctoral qualification or master’s degree, we make it a reality.