Research Project #1, MTH – 154 Quantitative Reasoning
Compare the prices of popular models of new/used cars in Woodbridge, VA and Toronto, Canada (you can choose different cities in Canada and USA)
ü Be introduced to the research process
ü Practice researching real consumer information
ü Practice calculations and visualization of information in Excel
ü Apply and improve your working skills in Excel Working Worksheets
1. Open Excel, use landscape orientation. In the second row of your Excel worksheet, write your full name and class.
2. Copy table 1 (below) into Excel 5 times, deleting the sample years and cars. Pay attention to charts: they must be visible as a whole piece. Save your file so you don’t lose your work!
3. Select 5 car makes and models. You must select 5 models from any 5 years of production. This resource can help: https://www.consumerreports.org/cars-
4. Each car make/model gets its own table. Enter model year into each Table in Column 1 & car make/model into each Table in Column 2. Save your work!
5. Fill columns 3 & 4 with online price information from a car dealership in both countries (you may need to find and select other dealerships to get the model years you need): https://www.hendrickhondava.com/ https://www.autopark.ca
6. Using the link below, convert cost information from Canadian dealership into US dollars and enter cost in column 5: https://www.xe.com/currencyconverter/ Save your work!
7. Using the following link, calculate and include the information about import fees to column 6: https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/importing-car Save your work!
8. Show two different charts for information in Table 1 for columns 2, 3 & 7. Save your work!
9. Write your conclusion part 1: Select 1 vehicle. How much will you pay (in total) if you decide to import this new or used car from Canada? Will you save or lose money if you purchase in US?
10. Write your conclusion part 2: How you can introduce the result of your research? The conclusion must include the quantitative reasonings. Save your work!
11. At the end of the report, provide an MLA works cited list of all websites used. MLA Style Guide
12. Save the file with your full name, Upload the file in Canvas -> Assignments. The Extension of file must be xls or xlsx. Please check all pages in your file must be properly formatted and easy for analyzing.
We are committed to making our customer experience enjoyable and that we are keen on creating conditions where our customers feel secured and respected in their interactions with us.
With our qualified expert team who are available 24/7, we ensure that all our customer needs and concerns are met..
Our refund policy allows you to get your money back when you are eligible for a refund. In such a case, we guarantee that you will be paid back to your credit card. Another alternative we offer you is saving this money with us as a credit. Instead of processing the money back, keeping it with us would be an easier way to pay for next the orders you placeRead more
All orders you place on our website are written from scratch. Our expert team ensures that they exercise professionalism, the laid down guidelines and ethical considerations which only allows crediting or acknowledging any information borrowed from scholarly sources by citing. In cases where plagiarism is confirmed, then the costumier to a full refund or a free paper revision depending on the customer’s request..Read more
Quality is all our company is about and we make sure we hire the most qualified writers with outstanding academic qualifications in every field. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
We understand that students are not allowed to seek help on their projects, papers and assignments from online writing services. We therefore strive to uphold the confidentiality that every student is entitled to. We will not share your personal information elsewhere. You are further guaranteed the full rights of originality and ownership for your paper once its finished.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more