Mha610 week 6 new quiz a plus category mathematics experts
|1.The EPA claims that fluoride in children’s drinking water should be at a mean level of less than 1.2 ppm, or parts per million, to reduce the number of dental cavities. Identify the Type I error. (Points : 1)|
[removed] Fail to support the claim σ < 1.2 when σ < 1.2 is true.
[removed] Support the claim μ < 1.2 when μ = 1.2 is true.
[removed] Support the claim σ < 1.2 when σ = 1.2 is true.
[removed] Fail to support the claim μ < 1.2 when μ < 1.2 is true.
2. Medical researchers studying two therapies for treating patients infected with Hepatitis C found the following data. Assume a .05 significance level for testing the claim that the proportions are not equal. Also, assume the two simple random samples are independent and that the conditions np ≥ 5 and nq ≥ 5 are satisfied.
|Therapy 1||Therapy 2|
|Number of patients||39||47|
Find the z test statistic. Give your answer with two decimals, e.g., 9.87 . (Points : 0.5)
3. Scientists, researching large woody debris (LWD), surveyed the number of LWD pieces from aerial photos taken annually for the past 35 years at two different sites. Over the 35 years of photos examined, the first site had a mean number of LWD pieces per hectare per year (LWD/ha/yr) of 3.7 pieces with a standard deviation of 1.9. The second site had a mean number of LWD/ha/yr of 4.3 with a standard deviation of 2.4. Assume a .05 significance level for testing the claim that the mean LWD/ha at the first site had less than the mean LWD/ha/yr at the second site. Also, assume the two samples are independent simple random samples selected from normally distributed populations, but do not assume that the population standard deviations are equal.
Find the t test statistic. Give your answer with two decimals, e.g., 9.87 (Points : 0.5)
4. The paired data consist of the cost of regionally advertising (in thousands of dollars) a certain pharmaceutical drug and the number of new prescriptions written (in thousands).
Find the value of the linear correlation coefficient r . Give your answer to three decimals, e.g., .987 . (Points : 0.5)
5. Use a .05 significance level and the observed frequencies of 70 Neonatal deaths to test the claim that number of neonatal deaths on each day of the week is equally likely.
Determine the value of the χ2 test statistic. Give your answer to two decimals, e.g., 12.34 . (Points : 0.5)
6. Using a .01 significance level, test the claim that the proportions of fear/do not fear responses are the same for male and female dental patients.
|Do Not Fear Dentistry||21||32|
Do you reject the null hypothesis, at the .01 significance level? Enter Y for yes (reject), N for no (fail to reject). (Points : 0.5)
7. The table represents results from an experiment with patients afflicted in both eyes with glaucoma. Each patient was treated in one eye with laser surgery and in the other eye was treated with eye drops. Using a .05 significance level, apply McNemar’s test to test the following claim: The proportion of patients with no improvement on the laser treated eye and an improvement on the drops treated eye is the same as the proportion of patients with an improvement on the laser treated eye and no improvement on the drops treated eye.
Do you reject the null hypothesis, at the .05 significance level? Enter Y for yes (reject), N for no (fail to reject). (Points : 0.5)
8. For a study on Type 1 diabetes, medical graduate students subdivided the United States into four study regions (Northeast, Southeast, Southwest, and Northwest). The students randomly selected seven patients per region and recorded the number of times during a randomly selected month that each patient used insulin shots to regulate blood sugar levels. Use One-Way ANOVA at a .05 significance level to test the claim that the means from the different regions are not the same.
Mean number of times patients used insulin shots to regulate blood sugar levels
Determine the value of the F test statistic. Give your answer to two decimals, e.g., 12.34 . (Points : 0.5)
|Assuming differences exist among the population means, the Bonferroni test can determine which population means differ from the others. (Points : 1)|
10. Use the following technology display from a Two-Way ANOVA to answer this question. Biologists studying habitat use in Lepidopteran moths measured the number of savannah moths found at three randomly selected prairie sites with two potential habitat interferences (expansion of row crops and grazing). Use a .05 significance level.
What is the value of the F test statistic for the site effect? (Points : 0.5)
We offer essay help by crafting highly customized papers for our customers. Our expert essay writers do not take content from their previous work and always strive to guarantee 100% original texts. Furthermore, they carry out extensive investigations and research on the topic. We never craft two identical papers as all our work is unique.
Our capable essay writers can help you rewrite, update, proofread, and write any academic paper. Whether you need help writing a speech, research paper, thesis paper, personal statement, case study, or term paper, Homework-aider.com essay writing service is ready to help you.
You can order custom essay writing with the confidence that we will work round the clock to deliver your paper as soon as possible. If you have an urgent order, our custom essay writing company finishes them within a few hours (1 page) to ease your anxiety. Do not be anxious about short deadlines; remember to indicate your deadline when placing your order for a custom essay.
To establish that your online custom essay writer possesses the skill and style you require, ask them to give you a short preview of their work. When the writing expert begins writing your essay, you can use our chat feature to ask for an update or give an opinion on specific text sections.
Our essay writing service is designed for students at all academic levels. Whether high school, undergraduate or graduate, or studying for your doctoral qualification or master’s degree, we make it a reality.