(35 points) You must answer this essay question
Open Response Choose any 5 open response questions to answer
For each open response question, you must cite a minimum of 2 textbook concepts and 2 assigned articles or videos.
1. A manager of a local call center company recently approached you with the following question: “My employees seem to have a difficult time dealing with customer complaints and criticism. It seems like everyone leaves work emotionally drained and unsatisfied. What can I do?” Using your knowledge of emotions, emotional labor, deep and surface acting, and emotional intelligence how would you respond to this manager? In your answer, make sure to clearly describe the concepts of emotional labor and emotional intelligence. Also, be sure to explain how these concepts relate to managing one’s emotions at work.
2. Perceptions of justice impact employee behavior and organizational performance. First, describe the three principles of justice. Second, clearly describe and discuss why managers should be concerned with perceptions of justice or fairness at work (i.e., identify at least two potential consequences of perceptions of injustice). Finally, clearly describe and discuss at least two specific steps that managers can do to build, or create, a fair process. Why are these two steps the most important considerations?
3. Using the assumptions of the rational decision making model, describe whether or not the model is flawed. Contrast the rational decision making process with the concept of bounded awareness and the bounded rationality model of decision making. Finally, discuss cognitive blinders and describe the specific steps we can take to remove these blinders.
4. Given that individuals tend to judge the favorability of their outcomes relative to what others receive, what can be the result of someone getting rewarded for their performance but yet being disappointed in the reward that they receive?
6. Explain to a new manager whether and when to assign work to groups or teams of employees. First, discuss the advantages and disadvantages of group decisions, as compared to individual decisions. Then explain the differences between groups and teams. What are some of the cautions to be aware of when using teams? What tests should be applied to see if a team fits the situation?
Resource Review You must answer both of the resource review questions
1. Identify one required reading or video that you recommend be removed from this course. Explain why.
2. Identify one reading or video that you recommend be added to the course requirements. Explain why.
Self Developed Question You must answer this self-developed question
1. Write your own very good question and answer about a topic covered in the text or one of the assigned readings/videos for the class.
Bonus (up to 5 points) Optional
Identify a topic that you studied, but that did not appear on this exam. Why is this topic important or relevant to management practice?
Write a multiple-choice question about this topic that could be included in future similar exams.
Be sure to:
• Indicate the correct answer
• Provide the textbook page (or relevant article/video) from which it is derived
We are committed to making our customer experience enjoyable and that we are keen on creating conditions where our customers feel secured and respected in their interactions with us.
With our qualified expert team who are available 24/7, we ensure that all our customer needs and concerns are met..
Our refund policy allows you to get your money back when you are eligible for a refund. In such a case, we guarantee that you will be paid back to your credit card. Another alternative we offer you is saving this money with us as a credit. Instead of processing the money back, keeping it with us would be an easier way to pay for next the orders you placeRead more
All orders you place on our website are written from scratch. Our expert team ensures that they exercise professionalism, the laid down guidelines and ethical considerations which only allows crediting or acknowledging any information borrowed from scholarly sources by citing. In cases where plagiarism is confirmed, then the costumier to a full refund or a free paper revision depending on the customer’s request..Read more
Quality is all our company is about and we make sure we hire the most qualified writers with outstanding academic qualifications in every field. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
We understand that students are not allowed to seek help on their projects, papers and assignments from online writing services. We therefore strive to uphold the confidentiality that every student is entitled to. We will not share your personal information elsewhere. You are further guaranteed the full rights of originality and ownership for your paper once its finished.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more