IMPORTANT: AFTER PURCHASE, LOG IN TO YOUR ACCOUNT AND SCROLL DOWN BELOW THIS PAGE TO DOWNLOAD FILES WITH ANSWERS.
1. Who is considered the father of utilitarianism?
2. Which of the following would be an expression of rule utilitarianism rather than act utilitarianism?
3. Why does Mill call utilitarianism a “more profoundly religious [doctrine] than any other”?
4. What does the utilitarian mean by the term “wrong actions”?
5. Suppose a society believes that throwing an innocent boy into a volcano will keep the volcano from erupting—and therefore save hundreds of lives. What variety of utilitarian thought does this action represent?
6. Utilitarianism claims that morally right actions, policies, or laws are those whose consequences have the greatest positive value and least negative value __________.
7. All of the following can make it difficult to calculate an action’s utility EXCEPT
8. What would not be a utilitarian argument on samesex couples being allowed to marry?
9. According to Mill, how can we determine the difference between higher and lower pleasures?
10. According to John Stuart Mill, utilitarianism takes into account the happiness of
11. Among the following scenarios, which is MOST likely to be morally right according to utilitarianism
12. Utilitarianism and consequentialism more broadly are ethical theories that __________.
13. If someone were to question the value of scientific research on utilitarian grounds, which of the following would be the likeliest reason?
14. “Respect for persons” is the basis of a common objection to utilitarianism. The argument states that a utilitarian does not adequately respect the dignity and rights of the individual. Which of the following stories from this text BEST reflects that objection?
15. According to John Stuart Mill, what is the ultimate purpose of everything we do?
16. LeBron is writing a paper on how utilitarianism applies to animals. Which statement would be an example of the objectivity (scientific rationality) of utilitarianism?
17. Kathleen is a girls’ soccer coach who lies now and then to her young team in order to keep up their spirits and guarantee they have fun, even if they are not the best players in the league. Kathleen’s lying could be an example of utilitarian __________.
18. What is the BEST meaning of the term “the irreducible plurality of values”?
19. Which of the following statements is a common misconception about utilitarian philosophy?
20. Which of the following is the BEST example of an action that was morally wrong because the advantages to the majority were outweighed by the suffering of the minority?
BUY MORE MATERIALS FOR THIS COURSE:
PHI208 Week 1 Quiz
PHI208 Week 2 Quiz
PHI208 Week 3 Quiz
PHI208 Week 4 Quiz
PHI208 Week 5 Final Exam
We are committed to making our customer experience enjoyable and that we are keen on creating conditions where our customers feel secured and respected in their interactions with us.
With our qualified expert team who are available 24/7, we ensure that all our customer needs and concerns are met..
Our refund policy allows you to get your money back when you are eligible for a refund. In such a case, we guarantee that you will be paid back to your credit card. Another alternative we offer you is saving this money with us as a credit. Instead of processing the money back, keeping it with us would be an easier way to pay for next the orders you placeRead more
All orders you place on our website are written from scratch. Our expert team ensures that they exercise professionalism, the laid down guidelines and ethical considerations which only allows crediting or acknowledging any information borrowed from scholarly sources by citing. In cases where plagiarism is confirmed, then the costumier to a full refund or a free paper revision depending on the customer’s request..Read more
Quality is all our company is about and we make sure we hire the most qualified writers with outstanding academic qualifications in every field. To receive free revision the Company requires that the Customer provide the request within fourteen (14) days from the first completion date and within a period of thirty (30) days for dissertations.Read more
We understand that students are not allowed to seek help on their projects, papers and assignments from online writing services. We therefore strive to uphold the confidentiality that every student is entitled to. We will not share your personal information elsewhere. You are further guaranteed the full rights of originality and ownership for your paper once its finished.Read more
By placing an order with us, you agree to the service we provide. We will endear to do all that it takes to deliver a comprehensive paper as per your requirements. We also count on your cooperation to ensure that we deliver on this mandate.Read more