Qnt 275 week 3 practice set latest version
1. Let x be a continuous random variable. What is the probability that x assumes a single value, such as a (use numerical value)?
A. Thetotalareaunderanormalcurveequals _____.
B. Anormalcurveis___________aboutthemean.Consequently,50%ofthetotalareaunderanormaldistributioncurveliesontheleftsideofthe mean,and50%liesontherightsideofthemean.
C. Fill in the blank. Thetailsofanormaldistributioncurveextendindefinitelyinbothdirectionswithouttouchingorcrossingthehorizontalaxis.Althoughanormalcurvenevermeetsthe________axis,beyondthe pointsrepresentedby µ – 3σ to µ+ 3σ itbecomessoclosetothisaxisthattheareaunderthecurve beyondthesepointsinbothdirectionsisveryclosetozero.
3. For the standard normal distribution, find the area within one standard deviation of the
mean that is, the area between μ − σ and μ + σ. Round to four decimal places.
4. Find the area under the standard normal curve. Round to four decimal places.
a) between z = 0 and z = 1.95
b) between z = 0 and z = −2.05
c) between z = 1.15 and z = 2.37
d) from z = −1.53 to z = −2.88
e) from z = −1.67 to z = 2.24
5. Theprobabilitydistributionofthepopulationdataiscalledthe (1) ________.Table7.2inthe textprovidesanexampleofit.Theprobabilitydistributionofasamplestatisticiscalledits (2) _________.Table7.5inthetextprovidesanexampleit.
A. Probability distribution
B. Population distribution
C. Normal distribution
D. Sampling distribution
7. Consider the following population of 10 numbers. 20 25 13 19 9 15 11 7 17 30
a) Find the population mean. Round to two decimal places.
b) Rich selected one sample of nine numbers from this population. The sample included the numbers 20, 25, 13, 9, 15, 11, 7, 17, and 30. Calculate sampling error for this sample. Round to decimal places.
8. Fill in the blank. TheFdistributionis________andskewedtotheright.TheFdistributionhastwo numbersofdegreesoffreedom:dfforthenumeratoranddfforthedenominator.TheunitsofanFdistribution,denotedbyF,arenonnegative.
9. Find the critical value of F for the following. Round to two decimal places.
a) df = (3, 3) and area in the right tail = .05
b) df = (3, 10) and area in the right tail = .05
c) df = (3, 30) and area in the right tail = .05
10. The following ANOVA table, based on information obtained for three samples selected from three independent populations that are normally distributed with equal variances, has a few missing values.
|Value of the|
|Within||89.3677||III||F = ___V__ = VII|
a) Find the missing values and complete the ANOVA table. Round to four decimal places.
b) Using α = .01, what is your conclusion for the test with the null hypothesis that the means of the three populations are all equal against the alternative hypothesis that the means of the three populations are not all equal?
We offer essay help by crafting highly customized papers for our customers. Our expert essay writers do not take content from their previous work and always strive to guarantee 100% original texts. Furthermore, they carry out extensive investigations and research on the topic. We never craft two identical papers as all our work is unique.
Our capable essay writers can help you rewrite, update, proofread, and write any academic paper. Whether you need help writing a speech, research paper, thesis paper, personal statement, case study, or term paper, Homework-aider.com essay writing service is ready to help you.
You can order custom essay writing with the confidence that we will work round the clock to deliver your paper as soon as possible. If you have an urgent order, our custom essay writing company finishes them within a few hours (1 page) to ease your anxiety. Do not be anxious about short deadlines; remember to indicate your deadline when placing your order for a custom essay.
To establish that your online custom essay writer possesses the skill and style you require, ask them to give you a short preview of their work. When the writing expert begins writing your essay, you can use our chat feature to ask for an update or give an opinion on specific text sections.
Our essay writing service is designed for students at all academic levels. Whether high school, undergraduate or graduate, or studying for your doctoral qualification or master’s degree, we make it a reality.