1. Review the Inquirer to determine Digby’s current strategy. How will they seek a competitive advantage? From the following list, select the top five sources of competitive advantage that Digby would be most likely to pursue.
Seek high automation levels
Seek the lowest price in their target market while maintaining a competitive contribution margin
Seek excellent product designs, high awareness, and high accessibility
Accept lower plant utilization and higher capacities to insure sufficient capacity is available to meet demand
Increase demand through TQM initiatives
Seek high plant utilization, even if it risks occasional small stockouts
Reduce cost of goods through TQM initiatives
Add additional products
Offer attractive credit terms
Reduce labor costs through training and recruitment
2. Rank the following companies from high to low cumulative profit, (in descending order, 1=highest, 4=lowest).
Rank in order from 1 to 4
3. Which description best fits Baldwin in your industry? For clarity:
– A differentiator competes through good designs, high awareness, and easy accessibility.
– A cost leader competes on price by reducing costs and passing the savings to customers.
– A broad player competes in all parts of the market.
– A niche player competes in selected parts of the market.
Which of these four statements best describes this competitor?
Baldwin is a niche cost leader
Baldwin is a broad differentiator
Baldwin is a broad cost leader
Baldwin is a niche differentiator
4. If Baldwin issued 1000 shares of common stock at last year’s end price, the effect on the balance sheet would be:
Retained earnings would increase by $4,413
Retained earnings would increase by $44,128
Equity would decrease by $4,413
Equity would increase by $44,128
5. The Baldwin Company has just purchased $40,900,000 of plant and equipment that has an estimated useful life of 15 years. The expected salvage value at the end of 15 years is $4,090,000. What will the depreciation expense for this purchase (exclude all other plant and equipment) be after its second year of use? (Use FASB GAAP)
6. What is the Quick Ratio of Chester?
7. Chester has a ROA of 0.13 (ROA = Net income/Total Assets). That means:
Every dollar of Chester’s assets result in earnings of $0.13.
Chester uses $0.87 of each dollar earned to purchase assets.
Chester uses $0.13 of each dollar earned to purchase assets.
Every dollar of Chester’s assets result in earnings of $0.87.
8. Midyear on July 31st, the Digby Corporation’s balance sheet reported:
Total Liabilities of $25.571 million
Cash of $2.010 million
Total Assets of $41.126 million
Total Common Stock of $1.270 million.
What were the Digby Corporation’s retained earnings?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more