Assignment anthropologist essay
The primary goal of this exercise is for the student to further examine evolution from the perspective of two subfields in anthropology. The all-encompassing nature of evolution will be illustrated, and students will have the opportunity to explore the holistic nature of anthropology.
Anthropologists study many different aspects of humanity in order to fully understand the diversity of the human species. One of these aspects concerns our development as a species, both physically and culturally. For the assignment, the student will first discuss and investigate evolution as viewed by physical anthropology, and then the student will investigate and discuss evolution from one other subfield – cultural, linguistic, or archaeological.
In a 3-5 page written assignment, answer the following questions.
1) Discuss what evolution is in terms of physical anthropology.
2) Define evolution (using textbook and/or lecture notes)
3) Discuss what a physical anthropologist may examine/investigate in order to study evolution (e.g. population DNA) and why it is helpful for studying evolution.
4) Find at least one outside source related to your answer for Q2 and Q3 (e.g. the genome project for DNA). Conduct original research, do not use the genome project because that example is given in class.
5) Briefly describe the source you discuss in Q4 and how is it helpful for examining/investigating evolution.
6) Choose a second subfield of anthropology (cultural, linguistic, or archaeology).
7) Discuss how an anthropologist in this second subfield would study evolution.
a. Remember, evolution can apply to both physical and societal changes, so things like language and customs can evolve just as much as bodies and brains can.
8) Discuss what an anthropologist from your chosen subfield may examine/investigate in order to study evolution (e.g. an archaeologist may look at how tools have changed through time, and what has caused that change) and why it is helpful for studying evolution.
9) Find at least one outside source related to your answer for Q7 and Q8. Conduct original research, do not use tool evolution because that example is given in class.
10) Briefly describe the source that you describe in Q9 and how is it helpful for examining/investigating evolution.
11) Discuss how the study of evolution between physical anthropology and your chosen subfield compare and contrast.
12) Conclude by discussing one new piece of information you learned about evolution.
13) Be sure to write your assignment using the writing expectations (see below) and submit your assignment both in the classroom and to Turnitin.com.
Originality of attachments will be verified by Turnitin. Both you and your instructor will receive the results.
All written submissions should be submitted using APA formatting. In part, this includes:
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more