Educ 812 quiz 2 Education homework help
1. What would be the minimum sample size for an independent sample t-test for medium effect size were eta squared = .03, alpha = .05, and statistical power equals .80?
2. Based on these results, t(90)= 1.87, p= .07, n2 = .13, what can the educational researcher say about the null hypothesis?
3. Based on these results, t(90)= 3.66, p= .04, η2 = .25, what can the educational researcher say about the null hypothesis?
4. It the absolute value of a t statistic is greater than t critical then you should:
5. Suppose you read the following in a journal. The group means did not differ significantly, t(30.1) = 1.68, p > .05, two tailed. You notice that the n’s in the groups were Grp1 (n = 40) and Grp2 (n = 55). What degrees of freedom would you normally expect?
6. If the Levene test is statistically significant,
7. A test of Emotional Intelligence (EI) was given to 241 women and 89 men. The results were as follows: for women, M = 96.62, SD = 10.34; for men, M = 89.33, SD = 11.61, t(328) = -5.48, p < .001, two tailed. What do these results mean?
8. Based on these results, t (92) = -.67, p = .41, d = -.10. The math scores of males (M = 31.54, SD = 5.16, n = 29) on and females were compared (M = 32.46, SD = 4.96, n = 65). What can be concluded based on these results?
9. We reject H0 for the independent samples t test if the obtained values of t
10.If all other values are held constant, what happens to the value of t when sample size increases:
11.A researcher reports that the η2 effect size for her study is very large (η2 = .64); but the t test that she reports is quite small, and not statistically significant. What inference can you make about this situation?
12.A researcher plans to do a study to see whether people who eat an all carbohydrate meal have different scores on a mood scale than people who eat an all protein meal. Thus, the manipulated independent variable is the type of meal (1 = carbohydrate, 2 = protein). What analysis would be the best choice to analyze the data?
13.If variances are unequal, which would be an alternate non-parametric test for the independent samples t test:
14.A histogram is used for what purpose when conducting an independent samples t test?
BUY MORE MATERIALS FOR THIS COURSE:
EDUC 812 Quiz 1
EDUC 812 Quiz 2
EDUC 812 Quiz 3
EDUC 812 Quiz 4
EDUC 812 Quiz 5
EDUC 812 Quiz 6
EDUC 812 Quiz 7
EDUC 812 Final Exam
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more