Week 2 assignment 1 scholarly experts
Please no plagiarism and make sure you are able to access all resources on your own before you bid. Main references come from Murray, C., Pope, A., & Willis, B. (2017) and/or American Psychological Association (2014). Assignments should adhere to graduate-level writing and be free from writing errors. Please follow the instructions to get full credit. I need this completed by 03/07/2020 at 4pm.
Assignment 1 – Week 2
Assessment and Intervention
As you may recall from your theories courses earlier in your program, there are many counseling theories and perspectives upon which to base case conceptualization and treatment. You also may recall that theory integration and modification are important skills for marriage, couple, and family counselors. Your course text presents this kind of theory integration in a model called the integrative couples’ model.
For this week’s Assignment, you apply the integrative couples model to a case study and use it to plan assessments and interventions for the couple in the case. Base your responses on the following case study:
Stella, age 34, and Dan, age 37, present for couples counseling with two primary complaints. First, the partners report that they have been fighting frequently, often several times a day, since their first child was born eight months ago. Second, both partners report that they are “very dissatisfied” with their sexual relationship. Stella reports, and Dan agrees, “We’ve probably had sex about three times since I first got pregnant.” Both partners report that they just lack the interest and energy to be sexually intimate with each other.
Stella and Dan report that they have been married for 3 years. They both acknowledge that their sex life “wasn’t great” even before Stella became pregnant, but they report that they previously were not concerned about that aspect of their relationship. However, as Dan says, “Now that we’re fighting in addition to not having sex, it just seems like there’s not much there for us in our relationship at all.” Both partners report that they would like to see their sexual relationship, in addition to other aspects of their marriage, improve.
The Assignment (2- to 3-page paper):
· Explain why the integrative couples’ model of sexuality counseling is an appropriate approach for the case study.
· Describe the assessment you would conduct based on the model, including two key components of the assessment. Explain why you would use this assessment.
· Finally, in light of possible information, you might gain from the assessment, describe two interventions you might use with the client based on the integrative couples’ model and explain why.
Support your Assignment with specific references to all resources used in its preparation. You are to provide a reference list for all resources, including those in the Learning Resources for this course.
· Course Text: Murray, C., Pope, A., & Willis, B. (2017). Sexuality counseling: Theory, research, and practice. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage
· Chapter 2, “Assessment in Sexuality Counseling”
· Chapter 3, “General Interventions and Theoretical Approaches to Sexuality Counseling”
· Article: Goren, E. R. (2017). A call for more talk and less abuse in the consulting room: One psychoanalyst–sex therapist’s perspective. Psychoanalytic Psychology, 34(2), 215–220. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
· Article: Hendricks, C. B., Bradley, L. J., & Robertson, D. L. (2015). Implementing multicultural ethics: Issues for family counselors. The Family Journal, 23(2), 190–193. Retrieved from the Walden Library databases.
We offer essay help by crafting highly customized papers for our customers. Our expert essay writers do not take content from their previous work and always strive to guarantee 100% original texts. Furthermore, they carry out extensive investigations and research on the topic. We never craft two identical papers as all our work is unique.
Our capable essay writers can help you rewrite, update, proofread, and write any academic paper. Whether you need help writing a speech, research paper, thesis paper, personal statement, case study, or term paper, Homework-aider.com essay writing service is ready to help you.
You can order custom essay writing with the confidence that we will work round the clock to deliver your paper as soon as possible. If you have an urgent order, our custom essay writing company finishes them within a few hours (1 page) to ease your anxiety. Do not be anxious about short deadlines; remember to indicate your deadline when placing your order for a custom essay.
To establish that your online custom essay writer possesses the skill and style you require, ask them to give you a short preview of their work. When the writing expert begins writing your essay, you can use our chat feature to ask for an update or give an opinion on specific text sections.
Our essay writing service is designed for students at all academic levels. Whether high school, undergraduate or graduate, or studying for your doctoral qualification or master’s degree, we make it a reality.